Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? - Are you ready to make a difference?
Ētahi kōrero mō Muka Tangata – About Muka Tangata
Muka Tangata (www.mukatangata.nz) is the Workforce Development Council for the food and fibre sector – we work on ways to enhance vocational education and training to meet industry needs. We are a new organisation working to ensure the workforce of Aotearoa has the skills it needs for the world of work today, and for the future. More information about the role of Workforce Development Councils can be found at www.ohumahi.nz
tahi tātou mō te oranga o te katoa.
Let us work together for the benefit of everyone.
Te āhua o Te Tūrunga – The nature of the position
The Communications Advisor delivers innovative, high-quality, and effective communications, media, and stakeholder engagement services to support the achievement of Muka Tangata objectives. You will provide comprehensive services including input into visual assets, strategy development, media relations, reputational risks, and issues management, as well as social media, advertising and web content and publication management.
Please be aware this is a fixed term position until July 2023.
You will input into strategic planning, as well as
influence and support cross-functional teams to achieve optimal results for Muka
Ngā tino Pūkenga/Whēako – Skills/experiences for the role
- Highly developed communication skills to ensure a professional, positive, flexible, and diplomatic approach to problem solving
- A strategic mind and a creative approach to communications
- Excellent writing skills with experience writing for different audiences
- Knowledge of emerging design trends and technologies
- Experience with communications and engagement strategies
- Experience in engaging with a variety of stakeholder to extract information, synthesise, analyse, and provide insights
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills, particularly Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign and proficiency designing for and using online and social media platforms
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office
responsibilities will include:
- Develop and deliver strategic communications, media, and social media activities for Muka Tangata, focussing on various initiatives
- Develop and deliver high-quality, accurate communication materials to support events within required timeframes, maintaining strict confidentiality
- Visualise complex data and conceptual ideas into beautiful and useful infographic designs for internal and external audiences
- Create visual assets/content, converting for different mediums, platforms, and devices
- Ensure inclusive and whakapapa/tikanga appropriate design solutions for diverse audiences
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and provide tactical communications advice to the internal and external stakeholders of Muka Tangata including working collaboratively with other internal communications and engagement kaimahi
- Create visual assets/content, converting
for different mediums, platforms, and devices
are a workplace that values diverse and inclusive thinking, people and
behaviours. This means that our staff honour Te Tiriti o Waitangi and reflect
the diversity of Aotearoa and the industries and people we work to support, and
that the contributions of staff with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills
and perspectives are valued and respected.
of the vocational education system or the food and fibre sectors is an
advantage though we welcome applications from those outside the sector who
express a genuine interest in supporting our mission.
position can be based in our Wellington or Auckland offices with some
flexibility to do a hybrid model working part of the time remotely.
Te tono – How to apply
apply via the link, to arrange a confidential conversation please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about us and the
role of Workforce Development Councils can be found at https://www.mukatangata.nz
Applications close: Sunday 9 October